Baby Steps to Jesus

Baby Steps to Jesus

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

God's Love

    "Jesus loves me. This I know. For the Bible tells me so..." We are told this from our youth. But I don't think we actually realize it. This is because people use the word "love" to describe their feelings towards anything from parents to a burger. Celebrities constantly say "I love my fans!" But God isn't Selena Gomez. When God says he loves you, it is with more passion and love than anyone could imagine.
     "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life." - John 3:16. Christ died for you. Yes, he would have died for the others if you didn't exist, but he also would have gone through that death if you were the only person who needed to be saved. That's the difference with God's love. There is no one on Earth that God loves more than you! He is painting the most beautiful aspects of your life right now, all you have to do is trust him.
    God's fingerprints are in our lives. Years ago I was helping a lady change a tire on the side of the freeway. Some friends saw it was me, and pulled over to help. The jack began to tip towards me. My friends steadied the car so it didn't fall. Another fingerprint is just last week I was too sick to play soccer. That turned out to be a good thing because I would have played on a twisted ankle and could have hurt it more.
    God is sculpting you into the best version of yourself. The version that will be the most rewarding. The version that will change the world. All you and I have to do is let God work through us and trust that his idea of our lives is much more awesome and rewarding than what we would accomplish by picking what we like in the moment (which is probably Netflix, video games, naps, procrastinating, etc). Are you ready to let God's love for you change your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment