Baby Steps to Jesus

Baby Steps to Jesus

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Church And Hypocrites

    "The Church is full of hypocrites!!!!" That is not true...there's always room for more. Think about it, even the Pope needs to go to Reconciliation. There's this fallacy where people think those who go to church think they have it all together. We don't, that's why we go to church.
    All you need to do is look at the Mass...we ask for forgiveness 3 times...3 TIMES!!! The first is right at the beginning, "I confess, to almighty God, and to you my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned. In my thoughts, and in my words. In what I have done, and what I have failed to do. Through my fault...Lord have mercy." Then again during the Our Father "...Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us..." And finally, right before Communion we say "Lord, I am not worthy for you to enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."
    We also pray for those who are not at Mass, "Remember also our brothers and sisters who have fallen asleep in the hope of the resurrection, and all who have died in your mercy: welcome them into the light of your face."
   Yes, the Church has a lot of people who are hypocrites in it. But the Catholics who are conscious of the Mass realize how often we mess up and how often the Church helps us seek forgiveness. There is not one person in the Church who hasn't sinned, but we're called to strive to love more. That's the role of the Church, to help us love more each day. If that's not happening, what is?

No comments:

Post a Comment